How web WhatsApp Works: WhatsApp web allows desktop to send and receive messages as you do on the Smartphone. In this guide, you’ll learn all about the web version of WhatsApp web and desktop apps for Windows and Mac-OS. The top and popular instant messaging service WhatsApp has both web and desktop apps which are very easy to keep up to date with all your WhatsApp messages, images and videos throughout the day.
The WhatsApp web version and desktop app for Windows and Mac OS work great the same way they work on your Smartphone’s WhatsApp app. If you want to use WhatsApp web-based version, head to web.whatsapp.com. Alternatively, if you want to download the WhatsApp desktop app, go to whatsapp.com/download from your internet browser and hit download.
What is WhatsApp Web and How Web WhatsApp Works?
The WhatsApp web version and desktop apps are an extension of your Smartphone. These apps help you to send and receive messages instantly from your desktop, laptop, and tablet and Mac computers. The best part of WhatsApp web and desktop apps are, the messages will sync (real-time) on both your desktop (web) and Smartphone’s WhatsApp app. So you can use your desktop PC to use WhatsApp as you do on the phone.
WhatsApp web and desktop app have all features and functions you have on your Smartphone WhatsApp app. They mirror all messages, chat and conversions from your Smartphone’s WhatsApp app and allows you to reply from your desktop PC or Mac using your computer’s keyboard instead of your Smartphone. WhatsApp web and desktop apps are compatible with most of the browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE, Firefox and more.
You can easily and exactly know what’s going on in your WhatsApp world while working on your desktop / laptop without taking your phone.
It’s a browser-based application which you can use for WhatsApp web on Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera and all other browsers.
Web WhatsApp Desktop App:
It’s an app that you can download from WhatsApp website to your desktop and use it.
How Web WhatsApp Works?
Initially, these apps require you to scan a QR code of your mobile phone in order to access your WhatsApp messages, images, videos and conversations. Once you’ve scanned the QR code then you may just leave your mobile in your pocket or desk drawer.
Now, this app will pull up all your WhatsApp messages and conversations into the web version / desktop version. Now you’ll be able to access your WhatsApp profile, chat record, settings and archived chats from the web or desktop.
These WhatsApp apps work almost with all features of WhatsApp Smartphone app, but you cannot add/change your “WhatsApp Status” from the desktop app or web version. There may be a very little drawback in web and desktop versions. However, you’ll enjoy using WhatsApp on the desktop or web. The upcoming version may allow you to change the status.
How do I use Web WhatsApp (web.whatsapp.com)
Below is the simple step by step procedure to use WhatsApp web version on your desktop activating through Android phone and iPhone.
Use Web WhatsApp on Desktop using Android Phone
1. On your desktop, open the browser and go to web.whatsapp.com.
2. You’ll see a QR code to scan on your desktop PC screen.
3. Now take your Android to scan QR code on your computer screen.
5. Now you’ll see the “WhatsApp Web” option and click on it.
6. Now, you need to target your mobile phone’s camera on the QR code to scan on your computer screen.
7. Scan QR Code task is completed now and you’re connected with WhatsApp Web using your desktop.
8. You’re done. Now you can use WhatsApp on the PC as you use on your Smartphone.
How do you use Web WhatsApp on iPhone (iOS)?
1. Open your favorite browser from your desktop and type “web.whatsapp.com“.
2. Now Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
4. You need to point your iPhone camera at the QR Code on the desktop.
5. Once the QR code is scanned, you’ll be connected to WhatsApp on your desktop PC.
Now all WhatsApp messages will be updated in real-time and displayed on your desktop’s screen.
Now you can use WhatsApp on your computer as your iPhone.
Download and Install WhatsApp Desktop App:
Hover to whatsapp.com/download and you’ll find the WhatsApp desktop app for Mac OS and Windows Version. If your desktop has Windows version 8 and above and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher then you download the desktop App and install.
WhatsApp install on desktop screen will guide you to complete the installation successfully.
How to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on Windows and Mac computers?
WhatsApp now allows you to make and receive voice and video on its desktop app. You can use this app on your Windows and Mac computers. Earlier, this feature was available only for the select users only. However, now it’s available for everyone in India. Making video and audio calls from WhatsApp desktop is very useful for the people who use WhatsApp on the computer every day.
Which Windows version of desktop app support WhatsApp video / voice calls?
WhatsApp calling and video feature is supported on Windows 10 (64 bit version 1903 and more) and macOs 10.13 or newer. As of now, one to one WhatsApp call from the desktop is supported and WhatsApp group calls are not supported at the moment.
What are the requirements to make WhatsApp Video calls on Desktop PC?
You should need three important accessories in order to make voice and video calls on WhatsApp desktop app.
1. An audio device (output) and microphone for whatsapp calls. If you make video calls then you might need a webcam.
2. You must have an internet connection on your desktop and your Smartphone as well.
3. You must provide access (WhatsApp permission) to your desktop’s mic and camera to make voice and video calls.
How to make a WhatsApp Call on a Desktop?
Here’s how to make WhatsApp calls from a PC.
1. Install WhatsApp app for desktop (Windows or Mac).
2. Now use your Smartphone to scan the QR Code on your desktop screen (web.whatsapp.com).
3. Now your WhatsApp account will open on your desktop screen.
4. You should click on the chat box of a person you want to make a voice or video call.
5. Now click on the “voice or video call icon” at the right top corner.
6. A WhatsApp voice or video call will be made from your desktop.
How to logout from WhatsApp Web or Desktop App?
Once you’re with your web WhatsApp or desktop app then you want to logout WhatsApp because you may leave your computer (if it is private) and someone else may use it. So I would strongly suggest you to log off WhatsApp completely from your desktop or laptop.
1. Open WhatsApp from your Mobile (Android /iPhone).
2. If your mobile is Android then click 3 vertical dots on the right top ( ) of your mobile phone and click on “WhatsApp App“.
3. If you’re using an iPhone then click on the “Settings” (right bottom of your phone ) and click on “WhatsApp Web/Desktop”.
4. It will show you the active sessions, you need to select the active connection and click on “LOG OUT‘.
How to logout WhatsApp from Desktop app or WhatsApp Web?
On your desktop, click on the Menu icon (3 vertical dots) and you’ll see an option to “Log out“.
How to change WhatsApp Web App Theme on your Desktop?
Click on the three vertical dots and Settings on your WhatsApp Web on desktop and you’ll be given many option as shown below. Now click on Theme to change the WhatsApp theme on PC.
You’ll see Light and Dark Theme and WhatsApp default theme, you may select your favorite theme here.
Final Thoughts on How Web WhatsApp Works
As Web version of WhatsApp and Desktop app is really very helpful to the people who always hanging on the desktop or laptop. They can easily live in the World of WhatsApp without get away from their daily work like word, excel and sending email.
Thanks for reading this guide “how web WhatsApp works” and I hope you’ll share this guide.