An Air hostess job is a luxuriant profession because the air hostess salary in India is very high. Are you looking for air hostess jobs in India and have no idea how to join? In this guide, you’ll learn how to become an air hostess in India and air hostess qualification, training and courses details.
Air hostess job in India is one of the highly prolific careers which is desired by many young graduate girls. You will wonder by knowing the basic qualification to become an air hostess in India. This job is very much suitable for the girls who really love different countries, places and like to meet different people around the world.
The air hostess career is a dream job most of the girls. However, anyone can become an air hostess in India if you follow this article. We have given all details about air-hostess job related.
People may think the Air Hostess job is very easy, but real life is challenging. She has many responsibilities starting from take off to until landing. It’s not an easy job until you love and understand this job role and responsibilities.
Air Hostess Qualification to Apply
- Minimum of 12th pass from any recognized university or board.
- If you apply for the PG Air Hostess course, the basic qualification is graduation.
- Age is between 17 and 25.
- Minimum height for girls is 155cm, for boys 164cm.
- Being fair complexioned and unmarried adds an advantage (However its not mandatory).
- No visible bloody art or tattoo is allowed.
- Must know English and Hindi (Knowing foreign language is add an advantage).
- Candidates should not have any history of mental illness.
- Eye-sight should be 6/9. (It varies from one to another airline).
Apart from physical, education and medical, Air hostess candidates need to have behavioral skills which reflect their personality.
Good Communication Skills: The primary job role of the Air hostess would be to communicate with the travelers and to fulfill their needs.
Pleasing Personality: Good looking and pleasant voice is one of the basic qualifications.
Air Hostess Salary in India
Based on the figures collected from the various sources, below is the median salaries of air hostess and cabin crew.
The salary of an Air Hostess in India to those who have at least two years of experience.
The salary of the air hostesses who fly in the foreign carriers will be varied based on the exchange reaes of the Indian Rupee with the local currencies of countries where the flight or airline is registered.
The air hostees salary will be varied based on many factors such as flying hours and more.
Air Hostess Salary Structure
There are some factors and types of airlines will determine the air-hostess salary in India and all other countries. Their salary guidelines will be described based on the types of airlines.
FSCs (Full Service Carriers): This type of airline offers drinks, meals and alcoholic beverages.
LCCs (Low Cost Carriers): This type of airline offers only free drinking water. Need to pay more for drinks and food on board.
As an air hostess, your salary will be varied or decided based on the type of carrier (LCC or FSC) you work. Also air hostess pay will be decided according to Indian or Foreign airlines.
Foreign Airlines Pay More!
Average Salary of Indian Air hostess (Domestic and International)
An international aviation professional can earn at least Rs.60,000 to 1,80,000. Adding more, international air hostesses get more professional training, development opportunities and a very pleasant work environment.
Whereas in domestic, the pay and benefits are completely different. Find below the average salary for an Air hostess in India.
The average salary for an Air Hostess is INR 5,18,700 /yr INR 43,225 /month) which is Rs. 1,31,200 (+34%) higher than the national average salary in India.
An Air Hostess can expect an average starting salary of 2,50,600. The highest salaries can exceed 10,00,000.
Air Hostess Salary for Freshers, Male and International Hostess
- International Air Hostess Rs. 716K / Yr
- Male Air Hostess Rs. 539K / Yr
- Fresher Air Hostess Rs. 332K /Yr
Air Hostess Salary by Experience Level
If you’ve 3 years of experience then you can easily expect the salary as total compensation INR 2,60, 750.
A Mid-level Air Hostess who has at least 4 – 9 years experience can expect around INR 4,50,000.
Senior Air hostess who has 10-20 years experience can make an average salary INR 7,40,000.
Super Senior Air-hostess who has more than 20 years experience can earn Rs 8,42,000.
All these salaries are approximate and it can be somewhat up and down.
Also Read: List of Private Banks in India
Salary of Airline Cabin Crew and Ground Crew
According to airline job designation like Airline Cabin Crew and Ground Crew are listed below.
If you compare the salary of cabin crew and ground crew with international airlines, you will see a big difference in terms of salary structure and benefits.
Find the airline job designation and annual salary
Customer Service Agent (Ground Staff) Salary Rs. 3,60,000 to 4,32,000
Flight Attendant Salary Rs. 4,80,000 to 6,75,000
Cabin Crew Salary Rs. 5,04,000 to 7,02,000
Ground Attendant salary Rs. 5,04,000 to 7,35,000
Senior Air Hostess Salary Rs. 5,50,000 to 8,25,000
Benefits of Air Hostess/Flight Attendant/Cabin Crew Job in India
Lots of subsidized visits for you and your family also airline tickets, car rental, accommodation, cruises.
- 13 – 18 off days per month.
- Health Benefits and life insurance for the cabin crew and all staff.
- Based on the airline’s terms you’ll get retirement benefits.
- Kit Allowance for each crew.
Role and Duties of an Air Hostess
- Top priority is to welcome passengers on board.
- Help them to find their respective seats.
- Help them to keep their hand baggage.
- Making frequent and important announcements.
- Intimate passengers about their safety procedures.
Air Hostess Certificate Courses (3 months to 1 year)
- Airlines Hospitality (certification)
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant (certification)
- Aviation Customer Service (certification)
- Air Hostess Training (certification)
- Flight Purser (certification)
- Hospitality and Air travel Management (certification)
- Diploma courses (6 months to 1 year)
- Aviation Management and Hospitality (certification)
- Airline Passenger Service (certification)
Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- Diploma in Air Hostess training
- PG Diploma in International Airline and Travel Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Degree courses (more than or equal to 2 years)
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant training
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Management
Degree in International Airline and Travel Management
- Sc. in Air Hostess training
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- Sc. Aviation
To apply for an International Airline jobs, you must do any of the following courses:
- IATA/UFTAA International Travel & Tourism Training Program
- Director General of Civil Aviation norms
- IATA/FIATA International Cargo Agent Training Program
- IATA Aviation Distance Learning program
I hope you have got all the information like how to become an air hostess in India and What is the average air hostess salary in India.
If you want to become an air hostess in India then you should follow all these instructions, courses and eligibility criteria for air hostess. We wish you to find the best airlines in India to become a successful air hostess.
Hope this article is more helpful to know how to become an airhostess in India and know the average salary of an air hostess in India.